Saturday, July 7, 2018

8th week of GSoC

The second evaluations deadlines are closing and everyone including myself being busy working with the tasks related to our projects. This week I have been busy with creating a methodology where the database of the application is encrypted using the details derived from the username and password of the user.
previously the encryption key was generated using a random key generated using the Android key generator API and the new approach is somewhat more secure than the previous one.
Apart from the username and password, I have also added the timestamp of the date and time to the key so it will be more secure. The newly created encryption process is as follows


Coming week  I will also have to create a short presentation regarding the things I have done up to now to demonstrate in talks thread. That's all for now and see you all in next week with new exciting stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment